Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's like eating gold, to have a gilded turd.

I gave you everything... trusted you more than i had anyone else, i wanted to believe you were going to be better then the rest. You would be my prince charming, and i would live happily ever after.

Now things have ended, and Im stranded at a fork in the road. Do i go after what i really want and risk hurting you more in the process? Or do i give myself a break.... just don't worry about anything, even though that would slowly kill me on the inside.

I knew this would hurt, but i would be lying if i said i didn't see it coming. And i would be lying if i said i don't wish things had worked out differently before. Now I'm not so sure. Things always seem to work against me.

But I'm not some dollar store trinket, an object to be used for awhile until you get sick of me and want something of higher quality. I am that rare find at the antique store, the one you threw away then found out i was worth a fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment